Have you studied in the Sheffield City Region and want to stay? Grown up here and want to come back? Or just fancy living in a place that gives you the best of city living on the doorstep of the glorious Peak District? If so, RISE is for you.
RISE is an innovative and unique project that connects talented, hard-working graduates with small and medium sized enterprises (commonly referred to as SMEs, which means they employ less than 250 people) across the Sheffield City Region. We want to provide graduates with fantastic opportunities, great career progression and the chance to make an impact, whilst giving our thriving small business sector access to amazing graduate talent, skills and innovation.
What type of employers and jobs are available through RISE?
RISE has existed for almost ten years and in that time has appointed nearly 500 graduates in 400 SMEs into a huge variety of roles and sectors from marketing and computer science to design, engineering and project management. Here are just some examples of previous RISE roles:
- Doc Fest – Junior Accountant
- Marjolo – Graduate Consultant
- Totally Runable – Sports Coordinator
- And Other Stories – Publishing Traineeship
- Jenx – Projects Engineer
- Dawson Radford Solicitors – Paralegal
- Engineering CFD – Fluid Mechanics Projects Engineer
- Exawatt – Analyst (Electric Vehicles and PV)
- Yoko:10 – Graduate Microsoft Consultant
Why should I work in the Sheffield City region?
- 1The amazing music scene, art, food, cafes, pubs and festivals such as Tramlines, Doc Fest, Off the Shelf, Thornbridge Peakender, Sheffield Pride, Under the Stars, Food Festivals, Festival of the Outdoors and many more…
- Sean Bean… Game of Thrones fans anyone?
- Value for money: when you look at the cost of living versus graduate starting salaries, Sheffield comes out second (after Derby).
- England’s first national park and Europe’s busiest: The Peak District.
- Sheffield was named as one of the ‘happiest cities to work in’.
We know that when you ask people where graduates want to work, they say: ‘all graduates go to London’. However, this isn’t the case. Did you know that: 58% of graduates went on to work in the region they studied in, and 69% went on to work in the region they grew up in. We therefore know that a large proportion of the graduates from the numerous universities in the Sheffield City Region really want to work here.
How do I apply and what's the recruitment process
RISE 10 is launching for graduates on 26 September 2022. Keep an eye on our live vacancies or sign up to our mailing list to make sure you don’t miss out. You can also check out the competencies we will be screening you against here.
For most of our RISE roles, this is what to expect of our new and simplified process:
- All roles advertised between 26 September – 16 October 2022
- Submit brief application and CV via our application portal before 11.59pm on 16 October
- Please note: you can apply for a maximum of three RISE vacancies per cohort. Any additional applications will be automatically withdrawn.
- Complete digital assessment centre during the weeks commencing 10 and 17 October - the dates will vary based on your application date (or fast-track to final interview for technical roles)
- Final interview with employer between 31 October and 11 November 2022 (the exact date will be set by the employer, and may be in person, or online)
Start dates: November 2022.
For a small number of roles, you will instead be required to send a CV and cover letter straight to the business who will manage the rest of the process directly. This will be clearly indicated when you apply via 足球电子竞技直播在线(足球电子竞技积分下载v5.10版). Please get in touch with Juliet if you have any questions about the application method.
IT and information services, marketing, advertising and PR, business, consulting and management, accountancy, banking and finance, creative arts and culture, law, engineering and manufacturing
Derbyshire, Yorkshire and the Humber
Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Bolsover, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, Doncaster, North East Derbyshire, Rotherham, Sheffield