About Bank of Ireland
Whether you’re coming from a Business, IT or Arts background, we have a programme for you. In fact, we’re dedicated to bringing in a diverse range of people from various academic, societal and geographical backgrounds to help us grow.
A traditional, relationship-driven retail and commercial bank with a conservative business philosophy, we have a clear and compelling strategy to:
Key strategic objectives
- Transform the Bank – improving our culture, systems and business model
- Serve customers brilliantly – by being the #1 for service
- Grow sustainable profits – through growing our revenue and optimising our cost base
Our Graduate Programme
We provide a best in class experience for our Graduates. We are dedicated to bringing in a diverse range of people from various academic, societal and geographical backgrounds that will inspire and help us grow as a bank.
Our Graduate Programme offers
- Career progression – we support you to progress your career through extensive training - delivered through tailored development programmes and experiential pathways that enable colleagues to thrive
- Flexible ways of working – hybrid working model offering all colleagues greater flexibility in how and where you work
- Support from day one – well-being is at the core of everything we do; we provide a range of initiatives to promote your personal development, not just your professional development
- Digital development – a bespoke two year Digital Development Plan aligned to uplifting your digital skills and capabilities to ensure you are equipped for the Future of Work
- Inclusive and social culture – ensuring belonging and engagement by creating human and personal engagements
- Rotational experience - most of our Programme streams allow you to work on a rotation system across different areas within that part of the business
Our values, our culture
Enabling our customers, colleagues and communities to thrive.
Four key values
- Customer focused
We understand our customers well. We listen to them to ensure they feel valued. We use our insights to consider how best to serve their needs. We take appropriate actions to deliver solutions to meet customers’ changing requirements.
- One Group, one team
We know we work smarter when we come together behind our common purpose. We learn from each other and share ideas to expand our thinking. We build an open, trusting and supportive environment and foster diversity of thought, ideas and experiences to spark creativity.
We are empowered to take ownership and trusted to do the right thing to support our customers, colleagues and communities. We lead by example and challenge ourselves and each other to do our best work at all times. We learn from our mistakes and celebrate our successes together.
We embrace change with an open mind and a can-do attitude. We respond quickly and proactively seek different perspectives. We challenge ourselves to look for new and simplified ways to efficiently deliver the best solutions for our customers.
Dedicated to your development
The Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme is committed to developing our Graduates to their full potential, both professionally and personally.
Centred on our core competencies, Bank of Ireland’s Graduate Development Programme ensures you learn through various media which have been designed to assist in driving your career. This encourages a creative, agile mind-set and an ability to deliver operational excellence.
Altogether, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to take on early leadership roles within Bank of Ireland. Some of the highlights of Graduate Programme development include off-site team building activities, courses in Project Management and agile design thinking, LGBTQ+ Ally training and much more.
There's more to life than work
At the heart of our purpose is our commitment to Inclusion & Diversity: To foster an inclusive working environment where all colleagues are enabled to reach their full potential.
This potential is seen in not only career development for all colleagues, but also support for personal wellbeing.
In order to drive our progress in Inclusion and Diversity, communities of colleagues have organised six Employee Support Networks to promote inclusion, diversity and representation of the interests of specific communities.
What we are looking for
We accept applications from all STEM disciplines, for all of our programme streams. We offer opportunities to students who have achieved, or expect to achieve an Undergraduate or Master’s Degree from all STEM subject areas.
accountancy, banking and finance
Belfast, Bristol, France, Germany, Ireland, London, Spain, USA
- 0871 763 460
- 40 Mespil Road